Ok, So you have the vacation booked- everyone is on board and you even have the meal planning done! *YAY* gold star for you!! But now, everyone wants a boat. Uncle Rob wants to fish, the kids want to tube and swim and you just want to get out on the lake and watch a beautiful Lake Vermilion sunset. You are tasked with finding the perfect boat that will fulfill everyone’s needs. You’re on vacation, so you would prefer to have a nice/ newer boat that is comfortable, fancy and reliable.
At White Eagle, we get it. We are a second generation family business by family for families. We are here to help. Consider us your fairy boat mother when it comes to your lake vermilion boat rental. We may not be able to turn a pumpkin into a boat, but we do have some shiny new, sparkly boats that could take you to the ball!
A few things you need to consider in order to book the perfect boat for your group
- What is your group size? Some pontoons seat 12, some seat 16. Fishing boats can have multiple captains chairs and pop up seats in the back and can seat 4 to 6. It all depends on how many people you want to comfortably seat at once. If you are not sure, error on the side of a larger boat so everyone can join instead of leaving someone out.
- Make sure that the boat or pontoon that you are renting has all the features you and your group will need. A main consideration on Vermilion is GPS. This is a huge, beautiful lake that you can easily get lost on. Having GPS can save you a huge headache. If you are fishing, you will want a livewell and trolling motor. If you have a group who wants to fish and ski, there are boat and pontoon options with capacity to do both. Just make sure your pontoon has a livewell.
- Family fun! So you all want to tube, ski and try out a knee board? Make sure the boat you are renting has a tow bar mounted to the back of the boat and that you have access to a collection of tow ropes, tubes, and skis.
- Flotation devices & Fire extinguishers. Your boat should come with life vests and fire extinguishers. It should also have been inspected by the local fire department. Safety first!
- Issues- anticipate issues, most common issues with boat rentals on Vermilion is hitting a rock. This lake is huge and has soo many islands and lots of structure, so hitting a rock is fairly common. Normally, this causes damage to the prop and sometimes the skag and lower unit. Make sure that you understand how to first, avoid having this happen, and second understand how much it will cost to fix. Also, check to see how long the boat will be down if this does happen. If you do cause damage to the prop or think you hit a rock, be honest and speak up right away- it is usually a simple fix and we have the prop supplies on site to make for a quick fix and get you back on the water. Side note- don’t drive the boat after a suspected rock strike, you could cause damage to the motor. Call us if you are not sure.
In total, we have 8 pontoons (3 new on order for 2023 and the rest are less than 5 years old), 3 Lund and Ranger fish and ski boats, 3 Lund outfitter tiller boats and 4 jet skis (Ski Doo Trixx 2022). We strive to offer you the best lake vermilion boat, pontoon and jet ski rentals. Let’s make some waves!